Published February 28, 2019 by

March Writing Update



This is my first writing update in months since I decided to give myself a break. I felt pretty burnt out after writing Memories of a Soul in the Underworld over two years, and I just wanted to take a break and try some other stuff. Mostly Kingdom Hearts.

In order to do well you have to write a lot and promote yourself, but the progress can be slow. Slower than a stoned out snail, so sometimes it can become overwhelming and I can feel myself inching closer and closer to a mental breakdown, so I often have to give myself a break. I recently removed myself from Facebook and Twitter as well, because they are both super draining.

When it comes to Memories of a Soul in the Underworld I’m still not 100 percent happy with the end result, so I decided to take some time away from it, so that I could come back and see any problems more easily. I hope to release it as a paperback, but I already found a tone of problems with the draft, so I hope to do so once I get that sorted out. I live pretty far from Amazon, so it takes a while for any drafts to arrive to my side of the world.



I cut back on work recently, so I’ve been trying to write more to make myself feel better about sacrificing my extra income. I’ve been wanting to write an extra chapter for the How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster series, so I’ve been working on that recently. I actually started planning it out a year or two ago, so it has been years in the making. Hopefully I can get it up in a month or so.

It took me about six months to write the first book (I was single with an abundance of time) and a year and a half to write the second one, and they’ve both been difficult to sell. After that experience I’m not too keen on spending years writing another one without any idea how it will go. I’m thinking about instead writing arcs, slowly releasing them online, then releasing them as books. I already have Daisuke’s next big adventure planned out in my head so hopefully I can post it here eventually.

I’ve pretty much given up all hope of earning decent money out of selling ebooks, so I’ve recently been posting more of my work to this website. You can now read How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster online here. It is free and anyone can read it, so I humbly request that you don’t copy and post it to any other websites. If you would like to share it, please link back to the copy on this website. It helps me to keep this website going. Taking copies and redistributing it elsewhere is like stabbing me in the author foot.

Unfortunately I had to put a lot of ads on this website in the hope of maybe one day generating money from my work. It’s pretty hard to get anything with out over a hundred hits a day. It takes a while to earn anything with Adsense, so I’m trying to give Chitika a go at the same time. It’s also compatible with AdSense, so if anyone is interested you can check it out here.



When it comes to my life outside of writing, nothing exciting has been going on. I practically live like a hermit. Go to work, collapse, and read books in my free time. I recently finished 1984 which I greatly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone.

      edit