Published February 03, 2019 by

How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster Chapter 24


Go To Chapter: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

Grab the whole book here on Amazon

The Final Chapter

In case you've already forgotten, Akito, Nina, and I were all hiding in the study until the fox monster broke the door down. I didn't think things could get any worse, until Akito decided to back-stab me by holding a knife to my throat. I'm still uncertain if he intends to hand me over, or do the deed himself, but the sight of that blade caused my entire life to flash before my eyes.

I was busy contemplating whether I should call the tale of my demise How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster, or How I was Murdered by my Backstabbing Lame Teacher, when Nina's panicked voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts.


"You're going to do what!" She yelled.

I snapped to attention and suddenly realized where I was and what was happening. Instead of being terrified and silent, Nina suddenly looked frantic. Something must have happened while I was busy recounting the past few months of my life.

"But that doesn't make any sense!" She yelled.

The fox monster was also preoccupied by very important life decisions. "Lunch, dinner, snack," she said as her finger wavered between us. "No, maybe the little one can be breakfast."








Like Nina I also wanted to yell at Akito, but I was too terrified that any sudden movements might cause him to slip and stab me.

"We have no other choice," said Akito. "It's a long shot but I can't think of anything else."

"But.. but...but.." Was all Nina managed to say in reply as her face scrunched up in confusion. "That can't be possible."

"What's going on here Akito?" I asked as I began pushing his arm away so I could have the space to breathe.

Akito lowered the blade and I felt most of my anxiety diminish. I thought he was finally going to give me the explanation I'd been waiting for, but what he said next just left me lost and confused.

"As I said before,"Akito said as he looked directly into my eyes. "I'm going to loosen one of the seals on your back."


To be continued in "How I was Murdered by a Monster King"...



   

Daisuke here. Last time we met I joined a secret organization of exorcists who hunt down evil monsters which are disguised as regular animals. My training was going great until a super powerful fox monster attacked and my teacher tried to kill me. Now my friends and the organization are accusing me of being a monster in human form, but that can’t be possible, can it?




Now also free on Amazon Unlimited!!


Read a free preview online here.   


      edit