Published April 26, 2018 by

April Writing Update


Hello and welcome to my April writing update. These are posts that I do every few months to talk about what I’ve been writing recently among other things.


It’s been a few months since my last writing update. I’ve decided to dedicate whatever writing time I have towards working on Memories of a Soul in the Underworld so I haven’t written any writing updates for a while. I spend most of my time working my main job, or sitting in front of a computer editing my story, so my life really isn’t that exciting at all. It would probably bore you to tears.


As I mentioned before I’m now currently working on Memories of a Soul in the Underworld. (you can read the first 50 chapters online here) I do have an ending, and I hope to bring and end to the story around chapter 53. To be honest, I think that Ethan’s journey is not over, and he still has many challenges to overcome, but the story is already over 90,000 words and it’s gotten to a point where I can end the first part with some meaning. I hope to end it for now, and then maybe come back and write more at a later date.


I’ve recently spent a lot of time methodically editing the older chapters one by one to try and improve the story, so that’s also been very time consuming. I hoped to finished doing so by April, but it’s taken a lot longer than I originally imagined.

I don’t think that there will ever be a day when I consider the story finished. I’ll always look at it and think this could have been better or that could have been better but I’ve already been working on it for two years, so it’s reached a point where I have to throw in the towel and publish what I have.

I do hope to release the entire story as one ebook, and then a paperback once I finish editing. I would really like to set up a pre-order system, but I have to do all the work around my main full time job which may suddenly become busy, so it’s too difficult at the moment to predict a release date.

It’s pretty hard to sell ebooks these days, so I recently decided to start uploading some of my older stories onto this website to read for free. I recently finished uploading Tales from a Land of Gods and over half of How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster. So you can now read them online for nothing on this site. I plan on adding the remaining chapters of How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster soon, so check out this site for more future updates.


Since I moved out to the countryside (and became a hermit) I haven’t been broke anymore, so I’ve actually managed to buy actual English books for the first time in years.

I don’t live in an English speaking country so English paperbacks are expensive where I live. It costs a lot of money to ship them from overseas and my apartment is ridiculously small, so I’ve really been getting into ebooks. I bought a Kobo ereader second-hand, so I really enjoy how you can buy books from their store and receive and read them instantly. As someone who was born and raised in the countryside (where plenty of things weren’t readily available and I didn’t even have internet) it’s something that I could have never imagined fifteen years ago.


Kindle ebooks are often cheaper, so I’ve been buying a few from Amazon and reading them on my phone or computer with their free app. It’s great!


I’ve mostly been reading Star Wars novels. After watching The Last Jedi I’m now obsessed. I don’t care what anyone says about that movie, if you throw away all your expectations and watch that movie as it is, it’s highly addictive. I’ve been writing some reviews of the books I’ve read recently, so you can check out my reviews below.


If you would like to support my stories you can follow me on Facebook or Twitter. You can also purchase them online from Amazon, or read them on this website.



Shameless ad for a product that I do actually care about.

Want to read more books? Why not invest in an Amazon Kindle? It works out cheaper then buying paperbacks, it takes up less space, and you can buy and read books instantly from wherever you live in the world. The special screen also won't burn your eyes out. I highly recommend getting one. I'm now addicted to ebooks.



Kindle Paperwhite E-reader - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers

Decent books that I'm reading now!





      edit