Published September 14, 2015 by

September Writing Update and The Monster Exorcist character talk.

Hello! I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to read my latest update. I had some vacation time which I used to write, but I just returned to work so I haven't had much time to write recently.

I would like to quickly mention my previous post about someone using my story How I was Murdered by a Fox Monster (now renamed The Monster Exorcist) to make printed books on Createspace. I know that this has become a common way of making money recently, but I have no idea how they expect to make money from it if they are charging more than me, and their cover design is terrible. I warn you not to pay money for any stories that are not writen by me, M.C.Queen. You can also find the legitimate product links on this website if you are concerned about being ripped off.

Hopefully you have check out my latest Monster Exorcist previews (You can find them here), and today I would like to talk about some of the new characters. As you may know back-up from the main branch came to aid the characters, but most of them had already gone home by the time Michael came too. This leaves just Comander Sebastian Williams, and his assistants Nina's brother and Hugo.



I really wanted to introduce some new characters for part two, so I struggled to think up some new exorcists. I decided that Sebastian needed to be a frightening authority figure who was going to be a threat to Michael. There's now way that he could get to the top without being a little mean.

When I first wrote Nina's brother he was already going to be married with a kid, but as I keep writing I realised that he was becoming too much like Akito. There was already one Akito in the story, so I wanted to make him more unique. Therefore I decided to make him a suck-up. In the end he ended up so much of a suck up that I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to marry him, so now he's single.

His friend and co-worker Hugo became very depressing for comic effect since I wanted a character with a more negative out-look on life. I that that I was also inspired by my brother who still often talks about his ex-girlfriend (of three months) even though they broke up five years ago.

I would like to try and release another chapter for you guys to read soon. I have already written the first half of the story, but I still need to edit it all. Please follow the Monster Exorcist on Facebook or Twitter to get the latest updates on any chapter previews. I also currently have the first book on sale, so please grab a copy while you still have the chance.

If you would like to support The Monster Exorcistcan always support me by buying my work, recommending it to your friends, or help me sell it through and affiliate program. Even just writing a positive review on GoodreadsBarnes and Noble, or the itunes store is a massive help and you don't even have to buy the book to leave a review. You can also follow me on Facebook or Twitter for further updates. Every ounce of help would be greatly appreciated!

Until next time,

M.C.Queen
      edit