Published December 03, 2015 by

December Writing Update

Hello and welcome to my December writing update. You may be reading this because you’ve taken interest in my work, or maybe you’re just giving it a read because you’re interested in the life of someone inspiring to be author. Either way, I hope that you can try reading my latest story.
 
I’ve currently been writing out the final chapter in my story The Monster Exorcist: New Foes. It has been taking a lot of work, and I’m not very good at writing battle scenes. I have to play out all my battle scenes move by move like a choreographer and it takes a long time. I really want the final part to be exciting, so I have been rewriting it many times until I feel that it matches what I have pictured in my head or better.
 
 One of the reasons that it’s been taking so long to finish the story is because my writing method is very slow, so today I would like to take some time to talk about how I write stories. My method is probably one of the slowest ways to write a story on the face of the planet, so please don’t feel like you have to copy me.
 
 
 
These days  don’t have much time to sit in front of a computer and write, so I usually write scenes in my notebook or on the back of spare sheets of paper during my day. Sometimes I also write story ideas into my phone while I’m waiting for the bus or train. Next I usually type the scenes into my computer when I get the chance and edit them. I’m not very good at spotting mistakes, so I usually run the text through a text to voice program and change anything that doesn’t sound right. I really like these programs because I can get a different feel for the story when it’s read out loud in a voice other than my own.
 
Lastly I usually run my story through some grammar checking software and then it’s good to go! I have already edited the first few chapters in my story, and I hope to release chapter five sometime this month as well.
 
Giving my current busy working schedule at my other job (and part-time jobs), my top writing times now seem to be.
 
  1. During my breaks at work
  2. On the train
  3. On the bus
  4. While waiting in line
  5. While waiting for my food to come at restaurants
  6. While waiting for late friends to show up
  7. While my boyfriend is watching soccer.
 
If you are interested in checking out my work you can now read a few sample of my next story The Monster Exorcist: New Foes online here. You can also support my work by recommending it to your friends or sharing it on social media. Even just a nice review would help a lot. My first story The Monster Exorcist is also currently free on Smashwords as well if you would like to check it out.
 
Until next time.
 
M.C.Queen
 
      edit