Published May 26, 2016 by

May Writing Update, Tales From A Land Of Gods Two is now online!

Hello and welcome to my May writing update. These are little posts that I do about once a month to talk about my recent writing progress and what I’ve been doing recently. Today I discovered that my contact form hadn’t been working, so if you used it and I didn’t write back, please try emailing me again at mail.mcqueen@gmail.com I don`t have much time to write back recently, but I would love to hear from you guys.

I’ve recently returned to full time work so I haven’t had much time to do much writing. I had a few days off recently so I actually managed to finish Tales From A Land Of Gods Part Two. The new ebook is called. Khan and the Kingdom Without Gods and you can currently grab a free copy on Smashwords here.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/638025

I think that it is pretty great, and funny, so please try and give it a read.  I only just published it so I don`t have any reviews, so if you could help me out by writing a review on Smashwords or Goodreads that would be awesome. I currently need all the help I can get if I want to encourage more people to try reading my work.



I guess I decided to write this part after all these years because these characters have been stuck in my head for so long and I just wanted to get them out on paper. I really love some of these characters and I want to tell more of their story. I’m not sure when or if I will write part three, but if Part 2 does well then I’ll definitely try and write another part soon. I already have a plot sorted out and I hope to continue this story for a while. I also made a new cover for part one. I wanted a more forestry
image from the start so I quite like the new cover.

If you currently have Amazon unlimted I have increase the number of stories that you can read for free. You can check them out here https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/188-9372698-8184727?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=m.c.queen 

I actually recive money for the number of pages that you read the first time you view the book, so if you would like to support me but don`t have the money to buy my books, reading them on Amazon unlimited is another great way.

I recently snapped and started printing out my typed out drafts to edit them. This is actually a pretty big step for me because printing things on paper is not cheap where I live at the moment. My economic situation was so terrible last year (the city I lived in was stealing all my money for rent and taxes) that I couldn’t afford to waste money. Recently I decided that if I’m only going to live once then I might as well spend my money on things that I enjoy, such as writing, and I do want my stories to look good and make sense. Printing has began sucking my money away, but I’ve found it so much easier to pick up my mistakes on paper then trying to find them all on my computer screen. Therefore I think that it’s worth it.

I’ve actually started doing a lot more promotion recently as well. One of the reasons why I haven’t sold so many ebooks over the last few years is because I haven’t really had the time to do much promotion, and I don’t really have the money to pay someone to do it for me. It’s also difficult to tell which ebook promotion websites actually work, and which ones are just trying to scam you for your money. I used to do a lot of Amazon free book promotions in the past, but these days everybody and their dog has cashed in on it, and a lot of free ebook emails now want you to pay money for a guaranteed listing. Some offer free spaces, but there’s no guarantee that they will include your book. I found that I was just wasting hours filling in web forms only to get very little in return. Therefore I took a break from promotion so that I could write more.
It’s difficult to get the right balance between writing and promotion, but recently I started posting so of my free stories in ebook groups on Facebook and Reddit, and that seems to be working more effectively. It’s very quick and easy to make a post, so it doesn’t take too much time away from writing. It also shows up in people’s newsfeeds straight away, but unfortunately the life of a Facebook post is quite short.

I guess it might be possible to earn more money if I wrote romance stories, erotica, or stories using popular trends like zombies and vampires, but they’re not really the sort of stories that I want to write, and unless I’m 100% into the story and I like what I’m writing, I find that I can’t motivate myself to write anything at all and I soon give up. I have tried writing more romance type stories before as well, but I found the characters annoying and I just wanted to punch them in the face. Therefore these days I just tend to write the stories that I want to. Not the stories that others want to read.

I hope that you will enjoy reading my work.

See you next time,

M.C.Queen


Stories by M.C.Queen

Tales From A Land Of Gods


Outside our world exists one of gods. A place where the gods reign supreme and humans live like days of old.

Meng is a unique god who becomes lost in an endless forest. His only chance of escape is an old dying mortal who brings back memories of his past which he would prefer remain forgotten.




The Monster Exorcist


An average teenage boy takes is upon himself to become a monster hunter.








Diary of a Soul

Ethan is a soul doomed to spend eternity in hell for reasons he can’t remember. Luckily he is purchased by the beautiful and sensual master Alistair. He happily lives out his days in his master’s mansion until his sheltered existence comes to an abrupt end.


      edit